2.02.2008
Socks and Tears
Charlotte and I watched President Hinckley's funeral this morning. We were sitting on the couch, I was comfortable wrapped in a blanket and Charlotte was looking for the remotes. By the end of the funeral Charlotte was on my lap watching the choir sing the final hymn with a picture tribute to the Prophet. I found that tears were rolling down my face. I didn't what to get up to find a kleenex so a grabbed Roland's sock off the floor and used it to wipe my eyes. Charlotte observed this and she got off my lap and went to get the other sock and climbed back up to me. She pretend to wipe her nose with the sock and did a fake nose blow into it. It was so sweet. She doesn't miss a thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's a really cute story. I was surprised at how much i enjoyed the service. All of that talk about his cane cracks me up. Of course, I was eating jelly beans throughout so that might have altered my mental status.
Darling! I am sad I missed it. That darn shower...
Lizzy, I found you (this is Lisa Houtz)! Somehow I actually found your friend Monica's blog (I was blog hopping) and I saw your name on her list of people and HERE you are. I'm glad I found you. Charlotte is so cute. Isn't it amazing how much little kids know? I am amazed everyday by mine.
here is my blog addy:
thehoutzes.blogspot.com
We need to hang out again soon.
Love ya.
Lisa
I love Charlotte's personality! I'm so glad we now have your blog to keep tabs on her.
Post a Comment