

We have had several warm days in a row lately and so much is melting. Charlotte is always eager to go outside. And often disappointed when we just get in the car and go. But in her independence she has started walking all around the driveway waiting for me to load all of HER stuff in the car, lock the front door etc... Then I have to chase her when it is time to get in the car. Lately she has discovered the puddles on the driveway. She is very cautious when she goes up to one, sometimes she even does her little squat so low that she almost has her face to the ground. After the inspection she will step into it and proceed to walk in place. I can understand this curiousity, I have very old memories of playing in the glutters at the Camille house. But now any pool of standing liquid is fair game to her. Example, yesterday I was serving myself up a bowl of grapefruit and raspberries (very juicy) and sometimes instead of using a spoon or fork to eat it I drink it straight from the bowl (you can understand how Charlotte has already learned to lick her plate) Well I somehow missed and some of the juice dropped on the floor. Before I could put the bowl down and get a rag to wipe it up, Charlotte (who was across the kitchen playing with the food storage) was there, first dipped in her finger and then her stockinged (she had socks on) foot. She might as well have stepped in paint. There where little red footprints running away from me, I ended up having to wash most the kitchen floor, it was probably time to do it anyway.
2 comments:
I have to say, i disagree with your rating of Ocean's 13. I thought they were a little too self-impressed throughout the movie. I thought it was better than 12, but not as good as 11. I just kept waiting for Brad to say something funny or for them to belittle Matt Damon or for the British guy to say something weird. it just never happened.
Nathan loves puddles too. At what point do we start worrying about being wet and dirty? I'm sure I liked puddles as a child. Now I, like most adults, avoid them. But I really wanted to let you know I tagged you, so check out by blog and see what it is.
Post a Comment