
Charlotte has been taking swimming lessons. Today was her 5th week and she only cried for 5 minutes. The first time she cried the entire 25 minutes. So we are making progess.
She is really learning to swim. The class is actually a parent/child class so I get in with her and we say rhymes and sing songs as we teach their bodies to move in the water. Each kid then gets to have one on one time with the instructor. The part that makes Charlotte cry. With her they learn to find and grab the wall, float on their backs, roll over and swim. At the end of the one on one time Charlotte gets to swim to me. She did so well today! She swam to me with her face in the water and used her arms and her legs. I am so proud of her, she has been really brave.
2 comments:
Fun. I want to have my kids take swimming lessons. I wonder if diapered babies are going to be allowed anywhere this year, after what happened last summer. We aren't all as lucky to have parents that have a pool (I'm jealous)! Where do you take her for the lessons?
she seems so young to be swimming. i guess not as young or as impressive as Amy, but then again, who is?
Post a Comment