2.16.2008

Worst Movie Ever


Our Valentine's Day this year was very relaxed. ROland drove to Afton Wyoming and back. I did my usual stuff. When ROland got home from his drive we ordered Litza's and watched LOST and then watched the only NETFLIX movie that we had. It was Wicker Man (which is apparently a remake, I don't know why anyone would bother) I am sorry to all the Nicholas Cage fans out there (Erik I think you are the only one) But this movie was terrible. It was so disjointed it didn't make any sense. It was just N. Cage running from scene to scene acusing people of lying. I am going to spoil the movie so if for some reason you want to see this movie, I am warning you now I am going to tell the ending.
So the story is... N.Cage is a California cop, he gets a letter for an old girlfriend who lives on some remote puget soind island. The letter asks him for help, her daughter is missing. He goes there and this island is full of woman who treat men like slaves. All the women deny that the child exists, he follow the clues. Turns out they are planning to sacifice the little girl because they had a bad honey crop. By the end N.Cage is punching the women, running away with the girl. Ahhh.... it is all a ploy. They used the missing girl story to get N.Cage to come the island, because he is the one they need to sacifice. Why him? Don't know, and by then you didn't care. Everyone just stood around and watched even the little girl.??????? I can't even think of a worse movie, and I have seen a lot of movies. This movie is a perfect Mystery Science Theater movie.

1 comment:

Erik said...

I resent that i am pegged as the nicolas cage fan. For the record, I have enjoyed, as have most, a few Cage movies in my time. However, most of those movies pre-date movies such as 8mm and Face/Off.