Charlotte has a great passion for learning. We have a set of picture books, they focus on Colors, Numbers, Words and Shapes. She loves to be quizzed (I wonder where she gets that Erik?) You say find the blue star and she points to it, you get the idea, well she has such apassion for the quiz that I hide these books at bed time. I know, it is great that she loves these books and likes to learn, how could I take that away. I forgot to mention that they are each about 50 pages long. So we get them out during the day and she gets quizzed to her little hearts content.
CHarlotte has recently become obcessed with knowing where others our when they are not with us. 'Where's Dad?, Where's Nona, Where's Mom' (she usually realizes her mistake and tells me where I am)Where's Sam? She asked Where's Nona, all the way to Target from my house (which is a 10-15 minute drive) I finally turned the tables on her and asked Where do You think Nona is. I actually got some credible answers, Nona's House, Katy's House, Ella's House, Airplane. All places that Nona frequents, so not bad. SHe finally knows that dad is at work and every car door we here close during the day turns into an ear perk and Dad's home!
She has been counting a lot. One Two Two GO, is a common chant we hear at our house. She is usually wanting someone to tell her to run or jump off of something. She will say 1,2,3,4,5 all independently but she will not say them in sequence. Always, 1,2,2,2,2. At least when she is two she won't have a problem with the number.
Songs have become one of her favorite things. We ask her what songs do you know. SHe replies, Sun (Jesus wants me for a sunbeam), A,b,c (the ABC's), Wah Wah Wah (Wheels on the bus)and the sky (Twinkle Twinkle Little Star) She carries around a Primary song book and likes to open the pages and sing, it is usually a La La La La, she has a very sweet singing voice.
Charlotte like all sorts of quizzes not just from books, she has really been working on her body parts, sure she knows head, shoulders, knees and toes but her most recent discovery was the brain. It is especially cute when she taps her forehead.
But here are some pictures to demonstrate some stuff she likes.

She has been spending a lot of time with Dad in the garden, she still has a unique pallet, dirt. Roland and Charlotte go out to the garden and harvest a couple times a week. Our house has been overflowing with all kinds of peppers and tomatos. (Next year we will try more varieties of veggies) Charlotte helps pick the tomatos and peppers. She probably eats more than she puts in her bag but how can you complain about your kid eating garden fresh veggies?! Roland has many different peppers, sweet to extremely hot, Charlotte know what plants to eat from and which are hot.

Just for fun I painted on Charlotte tummy, MISTAKE, now she always wants paint her or me. I tend to do something every so often that makes me wish I hadn't. Maybe that is why they family used to call me 'Crazy Aunt Lizzy'

Every Kid does this, but do they all look so cute doing it?

Giving Dad a foot massage. Some days I can't get Charlotte to do anything, others she'll do just about anything I ask. I need to figure out the formula for those days.
2 comments:
I love the stage where they do something new all the time for about a year. So fun.
Crazy aunt Lizzy. Awesome.
I know I keep saying this, but Charlotte is so dang cute. I can't believe how much she looks like you. Especially the pic of her on the table with the tomatoes!
We should get together sometime soon.
PS I am in Rocky's parents ward, and Paul Taylors! I have a funny story about his brother Wayne, well it's funny to me anyway.
Post a Comment