9.11.2008

Lucky Lady

So I have been feeling very fortunate as of late. After our crazy weekend of family events and travel I was given the gift of solitary. To some that doesn't sound like a gift but to me, alone time is the ultimate. But I didn't just get some alone time I got four days of it.
As we headed out of town after the final family event Roland realized that the next weekend was Labor day weekend and wanted to spend it back up in Star Valley. All he needed to do was to look at me to know what I thought of the idea, no way could my hips take another weekend of car travel and not to mention the lack of sleep. But he said that I wasn't invited, he would just take Charlotte and come back up. That was all that was really said about the subject.
Thursday I asked him if he was seriously going to go back up and take Charlotte with him. Probably, he says, I want to, he says. I honestly don't really see this happening but I just say okay, but I need to know so I can get her packed. Get her packed, he says.
Friday morning I get Charlotte all packed for her first nights away from mom. I put each outfit in a plastic bag with the day of the week written on it. Roland doesn't really get how to put an outfit together so I figure this way she won't look like a boy. I send him with all Charlotte's favorite things and back-up. I knew he would be just fine with her and they would work out any problems that they faced together, but I really wanted Roland to have a good experience so it wouldn't hurt my chances of something like this happening again.
Well Friday they pulled out of the driveway and didn't come back until Monday.
They had a great time, I had a great time. Charlotte came home talking about Grandpa and Grandma. She really stepped out of her shell while away from me. I am glad that Roland and everyone else got to experience what I do everyday. She is always so timid around a lot of people so people rarely get to see what a funny kid she is.
Thank you to the Wyoming crowd for taking in and care of my family and allowing me to have a couple days of total R&R. Especially Grandpa Scherbel, I don't know what you did but she talked about you for days.

Roland out did himself again this past weekend, he took our cable box in and exchanged it for one with DVR capabilities. Yes, the Scherbel's have got up to the rest of the world. We can now record digitally. Just in time too, Roland's football, Fall season on the networks beginning. Perfect. I have tried it out on a late night show that I love but haven't been able to stay up for lately (11pm). It was nice, not only to watch my show but to skip the commericals so easily. Thanks DVR and my loving husband who finally decided he had to have it too. I love when we are both on the same page about those big life decisions.

I am a Lucky Lady

No comments: