10.09.2008

Progression

Today at the grocery Charlotte and I had a very short list of items that we needed but as I passed the deli section a display caught my eye. A big display of summer sausages, which I do love under normal circumstances but apparently LOVE now being 8 3/4 months pregnant because I didn't even wait until getting home before opening the package (with the edge of my keys) and taking a bite. Ahhhhh....salty satisfaction. So satisfying that I only had summer sausage for lunch, so much for well balanced diet. I am just glad we weren't and Costco passing the isle with the "Yard of Beef"

But I know that this baby will be arriving soon, I don't want to get hopes up for an early arrival, but i think that she will be early. Hopefully not to early I need to be at work on the 15th so come the 17th I am ready. (16th recovery day from working all day, I want to go into labor fresh)

Is our house ready for a baby? No, not really. We still have not figured out sleeping arrangements. Charlotte is still in the baby's crib, the baby's room is still outside and it looks like baby is going to be in the hallway for awhile (just kidding, Charlotte can share) But I finally got the entire kitchen floor washed (won't last long) and the pots and pans are all scrubbed and put away (never happens they usually stay in the sink until I need them again, I don't have many, so again won't last long) Laundry is almost caught up, floors are clean. So we are on our way with making our home baby friendly.

I am excited for Charlotte to be a sister. She is going to be wonderful with the baby. Today we went to Shelly's new baby(Roland's sister) Charlotte wanted to hold her and when I said no she can just sit close and look she got so sad. (I think she has just learned? how to get her feelings hurt) Nice parents of the baby didn't mind her holding the baby so she ended up with the brand new baby on her lap, she loved every minute of it. I am excited for her to hold her sister at the hospital.

I have been put on the list for an "elective induction" on the 29th. Probably won't happen really that day but there it is, I am on a list, at least it is going to come out sometime. One day at a time for now, just keeping busy.

3 comments:

Lyndsay said...

I can't believe you're so close!
I feel like we miss EVERYTHING.

Unknown said...

Wow, we better go to dinner real soon then, huh? Also, were you wanting it to be just us or with our husbands and kids too? I think just us would be fun.
Just so you know having two girls is great. The way my girls play together now is so fun. Also, they share a room and if Carly starts crying at night Hailey will say "It's okay Carly, just go to sleep." And she does!

Bonny said...

Good for you getting things done. I'm always so tired at that point that I'm a little lazy. Good luck with the sleeping arrangements. We trasitioned Carlyn to a toddler bed about that time and gave a few months to get used to it because the baby didn't sleep in the crib for awhile.