Our first event happened on Thursday morning. Roland's brother Mike was sealed to his wife and two kids. We drove down to the Timpanogos Temple for that great event. It was a wonderful event that will always touch me whenever I think of all four of them at the alter together.
Afterward while waiting to know where we were heading next, Roland and I went outside and he took a pregnancy picture of me. I have maybe three pictures of me when pregnant with Charlotte and I am sitting down in all of them so Roland and I thought that maybe once this baby is born we can roll Charlotte up and get the belly shot.
After a fun night with Roland's oldest brother Paul and his wife Sarah (both been living in Belgium for a year and haven't seen them since last summer) We packed the car to ready ourselves for the next event. Friday morning we went to the Salt Lake temple and watched Roland's younger brother Daniel marry Kyli. I use this picture of them coming out of the temple because this is the face I see when I think of Dan.
After a very quick photo session on the temple stairs we all rushed to our cars and picked up our kids and headed up to Afton Wyoming where the next photo session and reception was held. We arrived in Star Valley with just enough time to check into our motel and change our clothes. The reception was held at a cabin on a beautiful piece of land. with two ponds and a great view. Roland and Charlotte had a photo shoot on the little dock on one of the ponds.
We took a little posed family picture.
Roland took this picture hoping to catch one of Kyli's bridesmaids falling into the pond. It didn't happen. The night was fun. Talking to family and seeing those family of the Scherbel's that we have become friend with from going up to visit. But it was cold. I was thinking summer wedding outside, I can go without thick socks, but how I wish I had brought my thick fluffy socks. One the great things about being pregnant is you can wear anything for comfort and people don't give you a hard time.
Charlotte with all her scherbel cousins. By March we will have three more added to the mix. Possibly more by the end of 2009.
After the party was over we took our tired selves back to the motel to settle in for the night. Roland, the party animal that he is went to his parents house to play games, but Charlotte and I just crashed. My body had never been so sore from all the sitting and driving. But we did sleep. The next morning we headed over to Grandma and Grandpa Scherbels and played games and waited to find out what the day would bring. Saturday didn't have any planned events, we were on our own. We got a tour of Grandpa and Grandma Minson's new house that is almost done and then we decided to head up and picnic at Crystal Lake. This picture is after getting out of the lake all we had to dry off with where the blankets we had brought to sit on. Luckily the sun was hot up there. Charlotte and I headed back to our room for some much needed rest. After resting for a bit Charlotte was play with her toys and she started doing this....
Lining up all her animals and little people on books, she was even talking to herself while she was doing it. I have never seen her play like that before.
Later that night after going to dinner without kids(hooray) We were trying to decide who was playing what game and Charlotte starting hugging Rachel (cousin who just turned two) Charlotte is never the seeker of a hug so we had to get a picture of this. After this she started giving a hug to anyone who wanted one. I wonder which of the cousins rubbed off on her.
The next morning we had REAL Belgian waffles and they were good, a lot of sugar but still good. Then we headed to Tommy's (another brother of Roland's) missionary homecoming. He served in the Frankfurt Germany mission and had a great experience. Charlotte for some reason or another is terrified of Uncle Tommy. She walked by an open door and he was in that room and Charlotte froze in fear. She responded like is does when a dog gets close to her. Poor Tommy, of all the Scherbel boys he is the kindest and most gentle and doesn't look like a dog. Hopefully next time we see him she will have forgotten what made her so scared.
After the homecoming we drove to another ward house and listened to cousin Jenny report about her mission to Honduras. I couldn't sit in another hot chapel on a bench so Charlotte and I sat in the foyer on a couch. Next we drove to the 'Fun Zone' (a house owned the by the Scherbels that has basketball court and racket ball court and tvs and game rooms that they rent out of parties and such) for dinner with about a 100 people. Crazy how many relatives Roland has. After eating too much we got in the car again and headed to Mike and Breezy's ward for their children's blessings. Then we finally changed our clothes for the drive home.
It was a whirlwind weekend packed with fun events but I am glad it is done. And it is nice to be home.
8.25.2008
We Took Pictures!!!
We never document our trips or major events but this weekend we really tried hard to take pictures. We did well, I think over a four day period we took as many pictures as we did during our two weeks in Mexico. Toward the end of the trip though we didn't really document very well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like busy fun. I can't believe all the church stuff going on at the same time! Wow.
You look really good.
Charlotte is so cute.
I'm so happy for Mike and Breezy. That's so awesome. Congrats to them!
Wow. That sounds great but busy. I love it when you catch them playing like that or doing something new. So cute.
Post a Comment