
Well I haven't been the most faithful poster lately, we have been busy with weddings and such. And after a while there is too much to catch up on that you stop even thinking about trying. So Amanda's wedding went well and I think Charlotte and I have recovered from the longs days and weeks of getting things ready.
We are on to thinking about the next one, Roland's brother Dan, lucky for me I don't even have to find something to wear so this wedding is pretty much hands off for me. Just a lot of planning babysitters and travelling (not looking forward to a 3 1/2 hr car ride with a baby in my ribs, but I will probably survive) Once that event is over we just sit back and wait for our event. Yeah that is a long way off but August is have way over and the days or flying by.
So to our current news. Roland's company participates in "Corporate Games," every year. It is a month long tournament where several companies compete in lots of different events sporting and non sporting. Roland isalways signing up to be on all the teams. This weekend was the softball tournament. They won the gold medal!!! Hooray, another piece of metal hanging from a ribbon to do something with (throw away in a couple of weeks) But the best part is he played the last name with a broken finger. Well he didn't know it was broken. While fielding a ground ball Roland's fingernail "popped" up. He said it was at about a 90 degree angle, OUCH. He pushed it back down wrapped it up and kept playing. He got home and it was still bleeding. He iced it, wrapped it up to some drugs and went to bed. After laying in pain for hours he looked up on WebMD to see if he could find out what to do. It was still bleeding. He decided it was a go idea to see a doctor, so he drove himself over to the IMC emergency room and was hoping they were having a slow night. He got home about two hours later with the news of a broken finger, and possible surgery (we will know on Tuesday) and won't be playing anything for at least three weeks. Sorry corporate games you must go on without him. But do feel bad for Roland he doesn't do drugs well. He is sort of a loopy mess.
4 comments:
I can't believe Amanda is married! What were those little animated girls called again? Remember she and her friends and dressed up like them for Halloween. Doesn't that seem like forever ago?
Anyway, I'm sorry that Roland has a broken finger. I hope he doesn't have to have surgery. Let us know what happens.
Congrats on your anniversary. Ouch! Too bad for Roland. I don't do well with drugs either, so I'm sorry he doesn't either. Hope its ok.
Wasn't he at church today?
Thank you for promptly posting this blog. It meant that we were well-informed by the time we talked with your fam on Sunday.
We're sad for Roland!
Post a Comment