Well are time is beginning to run short in thinking of a name for the new baby. 76 days, but I am not counting (I have a blog widget to do that for me) until we need to have a name. I can't believe those people who can name their baby once they are pregnant or even before and stick to it. Those who have known us awhile may remember that Charlotte was Lola most of the pregnancy and the day after she was born and her nursery nurse begging us to name her, Roland call me up at the hospital and said she should be Charlotte. I was stunned because I had only thrown in 'Charlotte' a couple of days before and he didn't like it at all. Well she makes a good Charlotte.
So now we get the question all the time, 'what her name' Uh Uh... we don't know is the answer but I have finally started to really think about it and notice names. I am finding that I don't like too many names. And Roland and I have very few in common. But I do have a list that is constantly getting longer and shorter.
Penny (Penelope),Lola (yes it is back),Lucy, Rosalee, Marie,Ava, Avery,Annsely, Clara, Sylvia, Ramona, Polly, Ada, Elise, Amelia, Lane,Violet,Ruby. So there they are. And after reading them again I think I can get rid of three more. Roland doesn't like half of them. But when we think of a name we ask Charlotte to say it and if she can say it and it sound cute coming out of her mouth then we are in love with the name. That is how Lola made it back on the list.
I am really just thinking that she will be born and we will just know who she is. We feel like we did a good job the first time round.
2 comments:
I would say that the name part of having a baby is one of the hardest parts.
I do like Penny, Lola, Rosalee, Avery, Annsely, Clara, Violet (a lot, cause I think Charlotte and Violet sound so cute together), and Sylvia. Yeah, good luck on this one.
Dan and I already have another girl name picked out for the next one, believe it or not!! We aren't even trying for numero 3 yet. Hailey's name we knew 3 months before she was born and Carly's name was narrowed down the 2nd day of her life. Before that she was just Pretty Girl.
I like a lot of those... And for not liking very many names, that's a long list.
You may or may not want to hear that Rosalee (spelled Rosalie) is a main character in the Twilight series... and she's the bratty one. I still love it though but I know you and the whole Twilight rave.
I like Lane (for a girl-I happen to like Layne) and Lola.
Oh and Clara.
I know, you didn't ask.
Post a Comment