1.31.2009
Super Bowl Eve
I always try to avoid going to the grocery store, or food store as it is called at our house, on Christmas Eve and on Thanksgiving Eve. Because I know it is just going to be crowded. I am not one for the crowds and am always trying to avoid them. Tonight I volunteered to go to the Juice store (that would be Jamba Juice) and get Roland a smoothie (jaw injury this morning) I really wanted ramen noodles, yes some ramen noodles, no I am not pregnant, i really do like them. For me it is convenient that the juice store is next to the food store that I like to go to so I pulled into the lot (Saturday night 645ish) and it is full cars and people everywhere. It took me until I got inside to figure out what was going on. A long line at the deli counter....they are having sandwiches, refrigerator case filled with cheese balls, a display of crackers and Easy Cheese, store made salsa being sold by the gallon instead of the usual pint, people carts were filled with beverages, chips, lil smokies (I love those and I almost grabbed some) But I just wanted some ramen. I get to the Ethnic food isle, yeah didn't you know ramen noodle are ethnic. I turn down it and it is as crowded as the chip isle. One cart and about twenty people are looking at the hot sauces. I think they were all together, several were on the phone talking to someone about which is the right hot sauce. Everyone talking about why this one must be hotter than that one. Just past them I see the ramen. Charlotte is with me and this is the first time that I caved and said yes to using one of the "CAR" carts (the cart is attached to a plastic car that the kids get to drive) I figure it is Saturday night we should do something fun. So big cart, twenty adults talking about hot sauce who don't realize that there is no way for me to get around them. The polite excuse me is ignored(probably not heard) so I just go. Products came off the selves on one side of the cart and toes got rolled over on the other. But good news I got to the ramen. Tip to anyone trying to find short cuts around the grocery store on Super Bowl Eve, use the Cleaning product isle. No one was on that isle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So funny. I LOVE that cute picture of the girls. Sooo needs to be framed!
That was very funny. I'm sorry. I hate the car carts too. They are so hard to steer. If Carlyn were there she would have yelled to them to move. You can borrow her next time. :)
You are funny. I hate the "car" carts. What's worse though, are those carts that have the seats that face each other in front of the basket, I'm sure you've seen them at Target, anyway, those things are so hard to steer!
PS I always like Ramen too!
Post a Comment