
We have all heard of buyer's remorse, Yeah? Well I never experience that but I have been recently suffering from donor's remorse. I have really been cleaning stuff out of my home. Pretty much if it hasn't moved for a year or more, it is gone, none of the wishy washy, should I, shouldn't I, stuff. Just into a box, into the car and dropped off. Well I started this before Christmas and took the first load about a week before Christmas. This first load had some old glassware that came with the house, and still smelled like it, an old clock, lots of Christmas crap and my disco ball. I purchased the ball at Target a couple of months before my wedding (I was planning the decor for the reception, and YES I did have it spinning and glowing at my reception, up in a tree) It is cool, it had a spot light and it spinned with help from a D battery. I loved my disco ball (not as much and the lady in a picture), I had it on display in all our first places when got married, after awhile there just wasn't a place for it and it got put in a cabinet. I had rules about my cleaning and I followed them. Roland told me not to get rid of it, he said it would be like giving away part of me. Well it turns out he is right again, I miss my disco ball soooooooooooo much, I have little ones hanging in the window but they are no good for a dance party. So people learn a lesson here, never get rid of anything....No,but really consider the consequences if you do.
3 comments:
Very funny post, lizzy. You save you've never had buyer's remorse? Not once? Wait until you buy your first piece of furniture then you'll have some.
I miss the disco ball already and think your never "dance party" is going to really suck.
Do you wanna come to my house? I wish I didn't get so attached to all of our crap. And we have a lot of crap.
I am sorry that you miss your disco ball. Funny, I don't remember it at your wedding though!
PS Cute picture of your girls on the side thingy! Love it!
Post a Comment