It has been three days since my root canal and AHHHH. I haven't had to ake Lortab once, I guess he found the right tooth, before he started he asked me which tooth we were canaling and I said aren't you supposed to tell me? Seriously, I considered leaving at that point, but I think he was asking me which one was hurting me to back up what we had decided on my last visit. So I stayed.
Linsey Rose, you were right when you said it is so much better than the constant mouth/face/neck/ear pain. So I am glad I just got it taken care of. Although I have to say I was a little nervous when they pulled out out the 'glick', a small propane torch and lit it, a little close too my hair for my comfort. But I wish they would have warned me that there was going to be fire. Over all it was fine, I think I only outwardly cried once (the local had worn off, a very long procedure and a very slow dental assistant) it was when he wrapped a cord around my tooth and pulled my gum down to make a dental impression, without anasethia anyone would have cried.
Three days later I am still feeling the pains of the dental assistant chopping up the bottom of my mouth with the suction tube.
4 comments:
Lizzy,
I hope you are doing better today. Good for you for not taking pain meds. Those things make me so loopy I almost get sick just thinking about it. If you need anything just let me know. I think I would have freaked out with the fire thing. Never had a root canal, knock on wood, so I can't feel for you too much, but nothing is worse than mouth/tooth pain, so really let me know if you need anything! Hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving!
Glad it went well for you. I can relate to a bad dental assistant. Stinks. Take care!
I am totally with you. I just had to have my first ever root canal a few months ago. I had an almost pathological avoidance of the subject and was in such pain, it was awful. I found a dentist who would give me something for my anxiety. And then the day of they wouldn't let me take it since I was breastfeeding. It was awful, but so worth it to have the pain gone!! Probably the worst was that people kept wanting me to say that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. But really it was because I thought they would loop me out on something. Anyway, I feel for you!
I'm sorry you had to go through that. It sounds like it sucked.
I hope that you are doing well.
Post a Comment