11.21.2008

Not just a sensitive tooth

It all started a couple of months ago, lying in bed one night I took a drink of water and it made my tooth hurt. It hurt bad enough to get me out of bed to take something and look for the baby orajel (baby because I don't have regular) Well a hit of the orajel numbed it enough to go back to sleep. The pain was gone in the morning so I figured it was just another symptom of pregnancy. It happened a couple of times but few a far between. UNTIL 2 weeks ago it started aching, just a little ache, but aching most of the day and the baby orajel no longer numbed it long enough. I invested in some toothpaste for sensitive teeth, for a couple of says it seemed to have solved my problem until this past Tuesday. The pain covered half of my face and up into my ear. The pain, in my opinion, was worse than labor. So bad that you can think about anything else and you suddenly break down into tears because the pain has finally worn you down. Tuesday night Roland comes home and I am sitting on the couch, Isabel in arms and Charlotte leaning on me and tears coming down my face. Yeah, you could call it a bad day. I even tried some left over pain meds from the labor recovery and it barely took the edge off. Well I went to bed early and woke up almost pain free. Wow, weird how it just comes and goes. Well Roland wasn't going to let me go another day like that so he called and got me an emergency after hours dental appointment. The doctor listened to my complaints and without anything more he knew it was a root canal for me. Took an x-ray to confirm, and gave me more pain meds to get me through the week until he could perform the root canal. So on Tuesday morning when you are going about your day with a pain free mouth think of me in that chair....

3 comments:

Erik said...

how very sad. I once had an earache that knocked me off my feet for days. crying never quite happened, but that's only because I am a tough guy. pain sucks.

Bonny said...

Oh that stinks. Sorry. Good luck. Is there anything I can do for you?

linsey rose said...

i promise the root canal is waaayyy better than the toothache.