12.14.2008

Deck the Halls....

I cannot believe it is Mid-December!!! Time sure does fly after Thanksgiving, it also gets busy. After Thanksgiving we headed up to Star Valley wyoming to spend a couple of days with Roland's parents and cut down our Christmas tree. I am not sure how many years we have done this but it has become a tradition to go up and hike around a find the "perfect" tree, within the forest service's rules. This year we didn't have to hike far to find a gem. It is small but very gorgeous and soft, who knew that an evergreen tree could be so soft? Here is a picture of Roland bringing the tree back to the truck, what a strong guy! He's carrying it on his shoulder. Truth is, it is so light that I could carry it above my head but he is strong.

And here is our tree decorated.

I made it a point not to use two strands of lights that were the same. I think it turned out pretty cool, I could have take a little bit more care putting them on but I just wanted to get to the decorating part. It is a very shiny tree and I am proud of it. It was a tricky thing to get it to stand without help, the trunk is so narrow that I had a hard time getting it to bolt into the stand. So from one angle it looks little the tree is leaning against the wall, maybe it is.

3 comments:

Ryan and Alicia said...

What a fun tree! My mom always uses different types of lights on her tree and it looks really cool. Yours is so shiny and pretty, job well done!

Unknown said...

That sounds like a fun tradition. I'm all about the fake tree though. I do love the smell of a real tree, but we tried a real tree the first two years we were married and both years the trees were dead before Christmas! I don't have any type of green thumb.

The Wessman Family said...

Ooooh--I like it. We love fresh cut trees also. I like the idea of the different lights.