5.13.2009

In the Backseat.

Charlotte has developed some bad habits while driving in the car with me. Occasionally (not often at all!) she hears me say things like 'Come on Lady' 'They let you drive' 'Get off the phone I***T' Well Charlotte has started to comment on driving, Slow down, too fast man, Hey Lady. It is a little bit cute until she start saying those things to me.

The other day we were driving to the airport to pick up Roland and we had been in the car for 10 minutes and I was in the front seat decompressing from the frenzied run out the door so I hadn't spoken to her. I notice that she is talking and I hadn't been listening or responding, but she didn't require a reply, she was going through all the theme songs of her 'shows', 'Handy Manny....Handy Manny' 'Its the Mickey Mouse clubhouse, come inside its fun inside....Role call...' This totally took me back to the Suburan(our old car) days and driving to Nebraska. Erik, you know theme songs I am talking about. Gummy Bears, bouncing here and there and everywhere...., Chip chip chip and Dale rescue rangers...where there's danger..' Yeah, you all watched those shows and sang the theme song.

3 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Not very long ago Erik and were trying to sing some of the songs from our childhood tv shows. Erik beat me by a long shot. Get that kid in a suburban and you'll be able to relive your past.

Erik said...

the only reason i know the speed of light is from all the long road trips and those terrible songs. can you imagine the taste in music i might have if mom or dad for some reason turned the radio on to a real radio station?
Let's go on a road trip some time and we'll catch up with Lois and Graham.

asj said...

we're gonna have some jelly, hooray, hooray.....jelly for our dinner, jelly every day...jelly, jelly in our belly hip hip hip hooray.

sharon lois and bram are the best by far.