12.30.2008

Snowed In

We try and make it to Wyoming every Christmas. We sometimes go on Christmas sometimes the day after and we usually never decide until after Christmas morning. This Christmas we were told that Christmas was going to be a terrible day to travel and we shouldn't go up because it was going to be too snowy. Well, Christmas morning we wake up expecting snow to be covering the windows because of all talk the 'storm' was getting but all we had was some dribbling rain. So after we finish Christmas morning we decide to get it in gear and leave for Afton. As we drive into town the snow starts. After dinner there was a couple inches on the car. We played games for a couple of hours and when I went to start getting Isabel to bed I look out the window and see this

I go upto the window to verify what I think I just saw and sure enough Jon's car was buried in snow, but I also see three figures with snow shovels throwing more snow on top of and underneath the car. The figures also saw me and darted into the darkness. I went upstairs to ask my mother-in-law if this was a common Star Valley winter prank, you know run over to your buddies house during a snowstorm and bury his car in snow? Apparently this was a new prank, because she had never heard of this happening.
It took an hour and four big brothers to dig out the car. I am just grateful that it wasn't mine.

No comments: