3.15.2008

Friday Night Fires


"Is your grill supposed to be on fire?"
Last friday night we had neighbors over for a BBQ/game night. I made the hambugers, I brought the first batch inside so people could start eating. I left the grill on outside so I could go put more bugers on the grill. People start eating and getting their plates made, I am walking out of the kitchen when I hear "is the grill suppsed to be on fire"
WHAT!!!No it isn't.
Roland jumps up runs outside and turns the gas off. The fire goes out. Sigh of relief. We then start thinking of what could have happened. For anyone who hasn't been in my living room, our east wall is floor to ceiling windows. Outside of these windows on the covered part of the patio in where we keep the grill when it is cold out. Inside is where 12 people were sitting and eating. We would have lost a lot of good neighbors if someone didn't notice the fire before it got the the propane tank.
Although on the bright side our homeowners insurance would have helped to pay for the addition we would love to start.
So that was last Friday. Last night ROland, Charlotte and I went to Applebee's (I know, but I really like their boneless chicken wings) And we were finishing up, eating slow cause the Jazz game was on and Roland is never in a hurry when a game is on, and a strange buzzing sound starts up. I at first thought it was a sound of some machine at the bar, maybe they have a really loud blender. Then flashing lights start on the walls. I then thought maybe Applebee's has some big contest going on and someone just won BIG. Maybe if we lived in Vegas. The manager comes out and tells everyone they are going to have to go outside....then he says, wait a minute. So the entire restuarant just sits there. Turns out some kid pulled the fire alarm (so they said) But fire engines came. We hurried and paid a check so we could get out of there before it got crazy.
What should we do next Friday? Anyone want us to come over?

2 comments:

Bonny said...

Sounds like you've been having a really great time. I knew there was a little fire, but I didn't realize it was that bad last week. Alls well that ends well, right? It was fun, thanks for hosting.

Monica Mary said...

We'll avoid you on Fridays for awhile.