7.03.2008

Puerto Vallerta

We are horrible at remembering to pull out the camera for any occasion so I was surprised to find that we took 27 pictures on our 10 day trip. I am planning to get more pictures from our family members but until I do this will have to do.
While on our trip Charlotte learned to take shirts off and shoes. By the end of the trip we just carried the shoes in thebackpack and just put them on her when she was going to be walking around. You can tell from the picture that she is very proud that she has figured something else out, another thing that she knows is going to drive her mother crazy.
Some 'Downtime' in the hotel room with cousin Hazel. Charlotte and Hazel watched Baby Einstein and read the Mexican magazines in the room.
The resort we stayed at had 4 pools, one of which was being worked so we only had 3 to chose from, I know I know, poor us but we made the best of the situation. This was Charlotte's favorite pool. It was a great pool, the depth ranged from 6 inches to 4 feet. Charlotte played with her diving rockets and she would play on the stairs. After a couple of days she started jumping off the side and swimming back to the stairs. After a couple of days she was known as the 'Swimming Baby' to other families at the pool. In this picture we captured Roland in the pool, Roland didn't get in much so it was a special treat for Charlotte to swim with Dad. He interduced her to floating in a tube. She loved it, it opened up the entire pool to her.
This photograph has been altered. The lobby of our hotel has a very pink wall with squares of yellow cut out. When I took CHarlotte's picture the light was so overwelming that you could barely see Charlotte.
Charlotte enjoying her milk on the balcony one morning. We had amazing weather, it is a rainy season but luck us it only rained in the middle of the night. During the day we only saw the sun.
Loved getting pushed everywhere in the stroller. Her cousins took her on many stroller rides, most of which turned into strollers derbys or races with Hazel.
First time in the ocean. Aunt Katy helped Charlotte learn about waves. After a little bit she finally did get all the way in. We did a couple of beach days but we always ended up in the pool. It was nice to have the beach so closeso we could go back and forth. In Mexico the beaches are different because there are vendors that walk around trying to get you to buy the wears. To get really annoying having to keep saying 'no thanks' especially when the same guy keeps asking you the same question. The answer is still no, I don't want you to braid my hair or tattoo my skin.
What is this? A family picture? Thanks mom for taking this picture. We didn't take many so it was nice to see that I was on this trip too.

4 comments:

Monica Mary said...

Jealous jealous jealous. Love Charlotte's suit with the skirt and love that pink dress on you. The end.

Lyndsay said...

I have a really cute pic of Charlotte in her diaper on the beach that I'll post on my picasa page so you can have it.

Unknown said...

Such great pictures. I love your fmaily picture too. I'm still jealous. I think mostly cause I would like a vacation to a sunny destination.

~Rachel~ said...

Wow it is good to see you Roland! Your family is so beautiful!