5.18.2011

The Graduation

Life has been a whirlwind the past month. Tax season ended, Roland went to China from 2 weeks. Girls started dance classes. Charlotte has had soccer and tee ball. It seems we always had somewhere to be. It has now calmed and I am in the stage of there is so much to do but they are all the things I have been putting off for months. Blog of course priorty number one (as you all have observed) No, but really we need to tell the world that ROLAND has GRADUATED!!!!! He compeleted the Excutive MBA program at the University of Utah. And he did very well. We (I am sure all family is included in the we) are so proud of him. Sometimes it was fun and others it was certainly tough and I know that he would have rather been doing something different than studying and meeting with groups for projects. But he heldfast and finished the entire program. And he even made some friends. But for those of you who missed the actual ceremony here are the highlights:
Roland walked to his seat waving at his family (we are sitting top row of lower bowl in the huntsman center and he is on the floor opposite us, I am glad I brought the zoom lens)
Roland's name was just called and he is walking to get diploma from the Dean.
Receiving his diploma.
Roland now heading back to his seat (all graduated) high fiving and hugging and hand shaking (Roland was a class favorite) I lost Roland in the crowd while he was hugging ALL the professors and aides.
Here he is all graduated!! Isabel was thrilled, she just tries to hide her emotions (she is just like her mom)
Roland and his parents. They were so great to come and they even rode the train with me and the girls to the school. I & C are still talking about it and probably expect that we will again take the train downtown with Grandma and Grandpa. We had a lot of fun afterward. The EMBA school had a big party for the grads and families. So much food and a candy bar with cupcakes and cake bites, everything in red and white. A balloon artist!! It was fun and with a train ride home we were worn out. After a couple days of recovery we had a party. We celebrated mothers and graduation and all of those who had been there these past 2 years to support me, Roland and our little family. Man oh man, I definitely know that families are divine and every member has a purpose and life is just harder without all the parts.
I was too busy with guests and food to take pictures before the party started so I missed the fruit bouquet (made by Charlotte) and all the rest of the beautiful food. But roland did take a picture of the empty table before we got it all cleaned up.
We had a lot of fun, and a huge thanks to famliy and friends who have been close at our sides cheering roland on, helping me with everyday life. But I am glad this chapter has ended. I do look forward to the future, what will he choose to conquer next? Stay tuned.

No comments: