We have done it, Charlotte has learned to use the potty. A little later than I planned for but if I learned anything I learned there are somethings you cannot force, plan or control. But I knew it was time after I found isabel covered in charlotte's poop (True Story, gross I know, I won't tell that story).
Really it started back in June. Charlotte had a super high fever and when taken to the doctor they wanted a urine sample. Both Roland and my responses were, can't you just squeeze it from her diaper? Apparently not. So this was a Sunday afternoon and of course the first time in Charlotte's life she is sick enough to need a doctor it happens on a Sunday morning. So Roland had taken her to the doctor and after I was done at church I headed there too. By the time I got there Roland had been working to try to get her to pee in the cup for an hour. The poor girl was teriffied. After me trying for 1/2 hour or so, they said we good take the cup home and bring it back. They suspected a UTI but needed to be sure. Fast forward a month and her doctor wanted to check her again for a UTI, just to be sure there wasn't something wrong with her plumbing. So yep again she needed to pee in a cup. I thought it would be easier this time but nope she freezes up when she sees the cup. Well again they say you can just bring it back. So we had some errands to run and then I had to stop by my office. We try the cup again while we are there because I really don't want to drive all the way back out to the doctor's office. Finally I decide to give up because Isabel needs to nap and so we go out to the car. I put Isabel in the car and Charlotte is still standing on the curb (in a skirt but no diaper). I turn to her and make a final plee. Please Charlotte can you just pee?!!? "Oh Pee?" she says and she gets a look and next thing I know there is a little poop on the curb. "No that's poop," I say, "I need you to pee it is the water one."
So two days later we are at target buying drinks, underwear and a pink potty that has a sensor that let them know when something comes out. For the next few days Charlotte was forced to watch movies and tv all day while sitting on the potty. After that she had it down and is always excited to see that just about everywhere we go has a bathroom. So Hurray for Potty trained!!!!!!!!
1 comment:
Glad that she's potty trained now. Yeah Charlotte. Annie had the same problem with peeing in a cup, still does. She finally did in the "hat" though. Its so hard when they fight it.
Post a Comment