I am not one for holidays, I barely get festive around Christmas, the tree is about the only thing I make big efforts on. I really don't like the holidays that you are supposed to buy/give something to someone because the title of the day says you should. I think you should be kind and dear to your mother and father and grandparents everyday? So I am not big on holidays, I even hate the Monday holidays, I hate not getting mail. Valentine's Day is one of my very least favorites, I even used to dread it because of the pressure and expectation of the day, but I got over that. This year I didn't plan or buy anything Valentine. And funny enough I really did enjoy the day.
I was up at 730am, I know early right? But everyone had decided to get up early. Roland was going to play basketball, Charlotte sees any daylight and she comes running out of her room wanting to watch her shows and Isabel just couldn't sleep through all the activity. So I got up, ROland tells me that I should get ready.
An hour later Aunt Kyli shows up to babysit and I drive myself to the spa for several massages and body treatments and all 20 nails done. It was a nice quiet day and when I got home everyone was napping. Later Charlotte delivered her Valentines. If you didn't get one blame me, I ran out of steam.
Earlier that week I thought it would be fun to make Valentine cards with Charlotte. We got a total of 7 cards done, and it took 3 times sitting down and getting all the paper and glitter and stamps etc out to get that many done. She chose the people she was going to give them too. They were actually all for Ella but I talked her into thinking of other people. She even chose the treat (pink marshmallows) that accompanied her card. I took pictures of all the card she made once I get them on the computer I will post them they are so cute. Oh Erik yours is in the mail.
1 comment:
Sounds like a great day! I would love to see the cards Charlotte made.
Post a Comment