9.08.2010

First Day of School


I can't even believe Charlotte is old enough to be in school, just pre-school, but it is school. She has been so excited to go, most of her friends started last year, so she has had a lot of time to get prepared. School came so early, we are definitely not get up and go people so being all ready (and extra cute for the first day) was a little bit tricky. Isabel and I walked her to school in our PJS but we got ourselves into gear once we got home.
Charlotte's first day (from what I can tell) involved taking off her shoes and putting them on the mat, leaving her sweater with her backpack, playing and cleaning up, sitting on a mat, getting her homework poster. She came out all smiles.
It is so strange leaving her somewhere and not watching her do her activity. She took tennis this summer and I sat courtside watching, dance lessons same thing. Odd to just leave her somewhere.


Isn't this the smile you wished you got every time the camera comes out?

Roland has been working out at a Crossfit gym (crossfit.com) and has a workout of the day everyday and the workouts are this insane combinations of cardio and weightlifting and reps. He really wants me to join so he has been making workouts of the day for me. My first workout: run 200 meters, 25 push-ups, 25 sit-ups, 25 dips, run 200 meters, 25 push-ups etc. Repeat 4 times. It was tough, but, i didn't throwup. That was Saturday, my arms and shoulders still hurt. You time yourself, so you are trying to go as fast as you can (and still complete the full range of motion)And before you have your work out they do challenages as a warm up, tonight my challenage was 300 meters of walking lunges, it took me about 21 minutes and I almost started crying, but the workout was on the easy side so I guess it evens out. I have to say I am enjoying it so far and I have had 4 workouts, all very different and all have challenged my body in different ways. And really only one of us needs to pay to go and Roland can just keep making up workouts for me.

No comments: