2.17.2010

That Day

I guess that day has come to take a minute and update our blog.
We are still here, we have just recently recovered from all the holiday fun. I know I realize that Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years are long gone but the holidays were so special this year the germs stayed with us. That right the germs. We have all had a monster cold that lasted the entire month of January and the most contagious 24 hours stomach bug and just as we think we are all better, noses dried up, coughs subside, Belly (Isabel) goes and gets more teeth and RSV. Lucky for all of us she is a champion and fought through it, needing very little assistance from Roland or I. Even during the night all she wanted to do was sleep and nothing was going to stop her, those are the times you praise and applaud your stubborn, single minded, determined child.
But WOW, we had a great Christmas. Some highlights:

I decorated 2 trees for the Festival of Trees this year. One with sisters and one with my mom's 8-12 yrs old Primary girls. Both sold, and it wasn't my dad who bought them (Hooray) I had a lot of fun but my hands hurt for days after twisting so much wire on decorating day.

This was the first year that Christmas was it exciting for Charlotte, and that made it fun for Roland and I. I didn't even care that I didn't open a single present, because I loved watching her open mine and showing to me and telling me how much I love it.

Roland and I took a quick trip with some friends to Vegas for the Las Vegas bowl. We stayed at the new Vdara (City Center) Hotel and it was amazingly fun to just leave the kids for 48 hours and just eat well and take it easy.

After Christmas we travelled to Afton to visit with Roland's parents and his brother and family who came in from Virginia. We had a lot of fun just hanging around doing what you are supposed to do on your Christmas vacation, which is nothing.

New Years Eve was sad, Belly started with the above mentioned 24 hr stomach bug. So we rang in the New Year listening to our baby dry heave (sorry, gross I know) But we did have a fun New Years party the next night we our friends.

With all of Roland's siblings in town Dan and Kyli blessed their baby (Brooklyn) and at the same time we had a Scherbel family picture. Those are always fun. And to make it more fun I was in the middle of having the 24 hr bug and Roland was just starting. By the end of the day everyone was throwing up. FUN.

No comments: