Roland has been in school now for about a month and he is really enjoying it. In the program he is in the they divide the entire class into teams that they do projects with and have study groups, etc. and Roland has been lucky enough to have a pretty great team he seems to get along with everyone. So far it has just been a little challenging finding time to a read text book each week. With work so busy these passed few weeks we (Me, Isabel and Charlotte) don't see much of him. But he did manage to find time between work, school and football(there's always time) on Saturday to build Charlotte a swing set. And we also met him for a quick lunch so the girls would remember what their dad looks like. At this lunch he hands me a piece of paper with a list of 3 questions.
1.When others are talking to me (Roland, is there something I do that causes me to to misunderstand or misinterpret what they are telling me?
2. In meetings and larger groups, what are some things that you thing I should do differently?
3. What are some ways in which you suggest that I change to improve the way I make decisions?
He tells me that I am supposed to help him with a paper he is writing by answering these questions about him. My response after reading the content of the questions was:
"You can't get mad"
Turns out the people at work that he gave the list to also had very similar reactions.
The problem is I didn't really have to dig deep to answer these questions. I am not one to criticize (openly) so it was hard to write them down, sort of fearing the questioning that was going to follow. For anyone who know Roland real well, I thought if he didn't like me answers he was going to question me until I agreed with him and changed my answers.
Well I answered them (no I am not going to share)When turning in the paper to Roland, I just wanted to hand the paper to him and turn and leave the room. But he wanted to read them and clarify. I nervously sat waiting for the "You think that" or " No I don't" ..... But he didn't, he just said he liked my comments.
No comments:
Post a Comment